Athletic Bras and Lingerie Career Costumes Denim Formal and Bridal Goth & Punk Maternity Outerwear Shoes & Hosiery Swimwear Tall Trendy Uniform Vintage and Retro
Beauty Plus Power
Quick SearchQuick SearchQuick Search

Shopping Directory
Block of Categories - break up



BeautyPlusPower.com & FashionFitsMe.com

Evans Blog Partner Program
plus size clothing for women



Beauty Plus Power
Beauty Plus Power

Monday, May 03, 2010

Would you wear this?
I've got a specific style I work with for my body type and I tend not to divert. Skinny jeans were really hard for me to get into because I felt they were calling attention to the shape I've always tried to mask with a wider leg pant. Same thing with baby doll dresses - my best asset is my waist and hourglass shape, so I dont like having so much bagging in that area.

But sometimes I see things that I think no plus woman would really look that good in. I realize that some fatshionista can show me up with a picture of themselves wearing that style and change my mind, but I ran across a few things at ASOS Curve that I just can't get behind.

Dress One:
asos,plus size

-I really dont want to look like I put a tutu on crooked. Especially not in that color. I mean, I vote no for this dress not just on the grounds of it being unflattering on a plus size person, but a skinny person as well. Nay.

Dress Two:
asos,plus size

-The shape of the overall dress is flattering but why the lace over just one boob? And she doesn't look too busty and it's not even covering her entire bust. If you are chesty, this will definitely bisect your boob in a very unflattering way. And if it cups your whole boob, then I think you will just end up looking like a stripper. However, this is the one that I expect the most people will disagree with me on because I have a feeling it could be fierce-a-fied by the right person. I am just not that person.

Dress Three:
asos,plus size

-This is a dress that I just don't think will be cute on a plus girl. It's so shapeless it's like a pale pink potato sack. I also don't think the square neckline is going to do a big busted or broad shouldered girl any favors. It hides any shape you might have.

Do you agree/disagree?

6 Comments:

  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Lisa, I saw the pink dress on the fit model for ASOS Curve and everyone loved it and I felt bad, cause I thought it looked like an oversize tent. It's just not for me and it's actually quite SHORT for girls that are 5'7" and taller. :/ I know what ya mean.

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Moe said…

    I don't mind the last one. It's kind of retro. But I don't love any of them.

     
  • At 2:49 AM, Blogger BBM said…

    lol ... i was just thinking that about the first dress ... but i think i would ... its so sex in the city no?

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Gosh I just explored this same topic in my blog same brand and everything don;t you think its weird how these designs come in sizes 20-26UK but the model would be lucky to be a size 12.
    To read what I had to say visit my blog at http://www.blognow.com.au/suchaprettyface/
    Great work
    becky xox
    PS I can link out articles together via a link on my post if you wish

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Lisafashionista said…

    plussizequeen - link away, love it! Nice blog! I will add it to my blog roll shortly

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Natasha said…

    I've always loved CURVE. Great blog...gosh...love the tone of your writing & the fashion finds here! I just started my own fashion blog for ladies with curves and will bookmark yours so I can dig for inspiration! Thanks!!!

    xoxo
    Natasha
    http://chiccurve.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visit BeautyPlusPower.com



Lisafashionista
New York

 View my complete profile

Bookmark and Share





Related Posts with Thumbnails