Athletic Bras and Lingerie Career Costumes Denim Formal and Bridal Goth & Punk Maternity Outerwear Shoes & Hosiery Swimwear Tall Trendy Uniform Vintage and Retro
Beauty Plus Power
Quick SearchQuick SearchQuick Search

Shopping Directory
Block of Categories - break up



BeautyPlusPower.com & FashionFitsMe.com

Evans Blog Partner Program
plus size clothing for women



Beauty Plus Power
Beauty Plus Power

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pick and Ick: Silhouettes
Today brings another new post in my Pick & Ick series. Here is a good example of what drives me crazy about plus size stores - they'll have some piece of clothing that I am so crazy about and is so stylish, and yet then I'll look at the next page and find something that is so old school plus sizes from the days before plus stores sold flattering clothes that were meant to fit and not hide you. Today's pick & ick come from Silhouettes.

Pick: Allover Embroidered Maxi Dress - very pretty, great for summer, fab color
Allover Embroidered Maxi Dress

Ick: Poplin Big Shirt - I am not a fan of the "big shirt" concept, nor the crazy retro floral pattern. It's like bad seventies wallpaper.
Poplin Big Shirt

What do you think? Do you agree or disagree?

9 Comments:

  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm not crazy about the big shirt either. However, I do like the retro pattern, but not when it makes me look... like you said, wallpaper! Also, I have a very difficult time wearing the maxi dress because of my chest size. I like clevage, just not that much. So both choices are actually icks for me.

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Lisa Plus Size said…

    I am personally not a fan of a Big Shirt because I like something more fitted. However, my mother LOVES a Big Shirt! As a older single mom she is done with dating. She tells me she just wants comfort and ease. So for her she is thrilled to find something like this. Yeah, I agree it takes us back to the '70's but that's ok. Of course I love the turquoise sleeveless dress. It says "me" all-over. As a 3x and under 40 (and still dating, lol) I want to show off some skin and feel feminine at the same time. So no matter which one you choose my motto today is "Big Girls Rock".

     
  • At 6:37 AM, Anonymous travel jewelry boxes said…

    I love big shirts to wear. I am young even though i would like to wear big shirts. This will be a more comfortable dress for summer. Both dresses are so nice.

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I refuse to comment on the Big Shirt, because in some crazy karmic cosmic reckoning, it will come back to haunt me.

    But the dress is cute.

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Sexyfish said…

    I'm actually a huge fan of big shirts, but my fashion sense is that of a punk rock grunger, which is really hard for me to pull off because of the size of my hips. The big shirt is great for a boyish, relaxed look which is not the best for someone big because it makes us look bigger, but with the right size and right leggings/pants it can look fantastic.

    I also don't really like the dress because it's not my style, but if I saw it on someone else I would be very happy. It's a great dress and it's very bold, so it's really awesome, just not my style. ;P

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Moe said…

    That is a really bad pattern.

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Dataman2 said…

    Amazing just like my Grandmaw wore!

     
  • At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Cecilia aka Pluspinglan said…

    Yuck, this shirt print is really ugly. I would never be caught wearing it, not even if I got paid to do it!

    Very frumpy indeed!

    Nice blog!

    Greetings from Sweden

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Buy WoW Paladin said…

    Although, I'm not that fat but I like those big shirt. It feels me comfy and cool. I don't want to wear dresses, I hate being so girly.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visit BeautyPlusPower.com



Lisafashionista
New York

 View my complete profile

Bookmark and Share





Related Posts with Thumbnails